LAST UPDATED on January 1, 2022
Legal Innovators Network, LLC (“LINK” or “we”) is a community of collaborative and experienced in-house legal ops professionals who come together to exchange insights, solve common pain points, share resources and build valuable relationships. Through a robust knowledge share portal hosted on our website at www.linkforlegal.com (the “Site”) combined with high quality in-person and virtual events (“Virtual Events” together with the Site and all related features and services, collectively the “Service”), LINK is a critical resource to stay on the cutting edge of legal operations, while building an invaluable network of peers to support you on your legal ops journey.
What is Personal Information?
How Personal Information May Be Collected
We and our service providers may collect Personal Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through the Service: When you use the Service we may collect Personal Information, for example, when you create an account, sign up to become a Member, attend the Virtual Events, or otherwise interact with the Service.
- Offline: We may collect Personal Information from you offline, such as when you attend an in-person event or contact customer service.
- From Other Sources: We may receive your Personal Information from other sources, such as public databases; meeting platforms on which we host our Virtual Events, joint marketing partners; social media platforms; from people with whom you are friends or otherwise connected on social media platforms, as well as from other third parties.
How Personal Information May be Used
We and our service providers may use Personal Information:
- To complete your membership onboarding, complete and fulfill your purchases, grant you access to the Service, communicate with you regarding your subscription and use of the Service and provide you with related customer service.
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your customer support requests.
- To send you newsletters, brochures, catalogs and e-mails.
- To send administrative or billing information to you. To send you changes to our terms and policies.
- To send you highly targeted marketing communications based on your interests and practice areas.
- To personalize your experience by presenting products and offers tailored to you.
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new products, enhancing, improving or modifying our Service, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities.
How Personal Information May Be Disclosed
Your Personal Information may be disclosed:
- To our third-party service providers who provide services to support the Service such as video streaming, account and platform management, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, credit card processing, auditing and other similar services.
- To our strategic partners identified on our website at www.linkforlegal.com/partners (the “LINK Partners”) with whom we collaborate to put on Virtual Events and provide Members with valuable content.
- By you, on message boards, Q&A forums, chat rooms, profile pages and blogs.
- To a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, partnership, assignment, license, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, content, assets or ownership interests (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
“Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an individual, such as:
- Browser and device information
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies
- Demographic information
- Program evaluations, feedback and other information provided by you
- Aggregated information
We and our third-party service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser or device: Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Mac), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version and the name and version of the Services you are using. We use this information to ensure that the Service functions properly.
- Through the use of our apps: When you download and use one of our apps, we and our service providers may track and collect app usage data, such as the date and time the app on your device accesses our servers and what information and files have been downloaded to the app based on your device number.
- Using pixel tags and other similar technologies: Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used in connection with some Services to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Services (including email recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns and compile statistics about usage of the Services and response rates.
- IP Address: Your “IP Address” is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP Address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses the Services, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice and is done automatically by many websites, applications and other services. We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels of the Service, helping diagnose server problems, and administering the Service.
- From you: Information such as your location, your preferred means of communication, company, professional role/title, program preferences, evaluations and feedback, is collected when you voluntarily provide this information. Unless combined with Personal Information, this information does not personally identify you or any other user of the Service.
- By aggregating information: Aggregated Personal Information does not personally identify you or any other user of the Service.
How We May Use and Disclose Other Information
We primarily use and disclose Other Information in order to better understand user preferences and trends. This information informs our content strategy and pipeline in terms of presenters, topics and format, all in an effort to continually improve our programs, enhance the user experience and maximize the value of the overall offering to our Members. We may also use and disclose Other Information to third parties in connection with content development, marketing initiatives, surveys and publications, and other strategic initiatives.
If we are required to treat Other Information as Personal Information under applicable law, then we will use it as described in the “Personal Information” section above. In some instances, we may combine Other Information with Personal Information (such as combining your name with your zip code). If we combine any Other Information with Personal Information, the combined information will be treated by us as Personal Information as long as it is combined.
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. Please also be aware that we use third-party service providers (e.g., Zoom, Remo and other Third Party Services) that provide hosting, data storage and other services pursuant to standard terms and conditions that may be non-negotiable; these service providers have informed us or the general public that they apply security measures they consider adequate for the protection of information within their system, or they have a general reputation for applying such measures. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below.
CHOICES AND ACCESS
Your choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information
We give you many choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information for marketing purposes. You may opt-out from:
- Receiving electronic communications from us: If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt-out of receiving these marketing-related emails by sending an email to email@example.com or follow the unsubscribe instructions included in the footer of our marketing-related emails.
- Receiving telephone calls, fax messages or postal mail from us: If you no longer want to receive marketing-related telephone calls or postal mail from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt-out of receiving these marketing communications by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and specifying the contact information used and form of marketing from which you are opting out.
We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please also note that if you do opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, and you cannot opt-out from receiving such administrative messages.
How you can access or change or delete your Personal Information
If you would like to request to review correct, update, suppress, restrict or delete Personal Information that you have previously provided to us, or if you would like to request to receive an electronic copy of your Personal Information for purposes of transmitting it to another company (to the extent this right to data portability is provided to you by applicable law), you may contact us by writing to us at email@example.com. In your request, please make clear what information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your Personal Information suppressed from our database or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your Personal Information. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the Personal Information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting such change or deletion (e.g., when you make a purchase or enter a promotion, you may not be able to change or delete the Personal Information provided until after the completion of such purchase or promotion).
USE OF SERVICES BY MINORS
The Services are not directed to individuals under the age of eighteen (18), and we request that these individuals do not provide Personal Information through the Services.